Saturday, September 12, 2009

First day of Playschool

Cate was so excited about going back to Playschool this year. She is going 2 1/2 days and Ava is going 2 days. Cate looked so big marching up the steps to the building with her little pack on her back and nap mat in hand (both were pink and blue of course- her favorite colors). My big three year old. Now for Ava. Ava was a little irritable that morning, as she can be many mornings. After I had gotten her completely dressed, sandals and all, she spotted her Dora socks on Cate's baby doll, Christy. She promptly snatched them off and started her meow-whine for me to put them on her feet. I don't know how this is going to affect the girls long term, but when Joe and I are faced with a pending fit from one of the girls, instead of making them mind or do the sensible thing, we stop and decide, "Is it really worth the fit?" It was 10 minutes until time to leave and I wanted to take first day of school pictures, so it was not worth the fit to me. Since I couldn't put the socks on with the sandals, I quickly stuck them on Ava's hands thinking surely she wouldn't like that, pull them off, and be satisfied. Oh, no. Not Ava. She thought it was hilarious to have those socks on her hand and would not let me remove them. I got them off for a second during our photo session, but the crocodile tears began welling up in the corners of her eyes, so I immediately returned them (pic where she is holding them in her hand). I left her with Ms. Leigh and Ms. Tina at school, with the Dora socks on her hands.

Cate is holding her favorite toy right now: "Soft bunny with the clothes on" --That is her name.
Cate was trying to be sweet. Ava was trying to catch the end of Dora on TV.
These 2 pictures of Cate are from a Sunday morning. I was trying to get a few pictures. Cate was more interested in the blue flowers she discovered. I couldn't get her to understand that all flowers aren't like dandelions.

Miss Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment