Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Even though I don't think she has the internet right now...

I thought our dear friend Emily might like this story:

Lately, Joe has been reading to Ava and I have been reading to Cate before bed. We quickly realized it is impossible to read to them together. It was going anywhere from not being able to decide on a book to wrestling in the bed. Divide and conquer. Cate gets to pick out three books to read every night before going to sleep. For the past week Cate has wanted to read "The Bunny Book", otherwise known as "Guess How Much I Love You." For some reason, she really likes rabbits right now (and is sleeping with 6 or 7 at this very moment, one of which is named Baby Jesus and another Baby Moses- don't ask, I have no idea). So, we've been reading that book. Tonight I turned out the light and she wanted to pretend to be the Nutbrown Hares. So, I had to "settle" her into her bed "of leaves" and "lay down close by" beside her and scratch her back- the back scratching is not in the real story. Then she decided her stuffed bunny would be Little Nutbrown Hare and I would still be Big Nutbrown Hare. She could be Medium Sized Nutbrown Hare. Pretend Little Nutbrown Hare said, "I love you to the moon." And Cate made me say, "I love you to the moon and back, " per the book's lines. And then Cate said, "And then Medium Sized Nutbrown Hare said I love you to the moon and under the stars and all over the world and as tall as my rabbit ears and this much (arms spread wide) AND BACK."
I don't know how long I'm going to be required to be a Nutbrown Hare, but this book is much shorter than the Berenstain Bears and doesn't involve as many voices, something I could kill Joe for starting...

No comments:

Post a Comment