Cate's favorite treat on vacation by far was the large pink and red lollipop she got at the candy store in Sandestin. The old saying, "Like a kid in a candy store" has a whole new meaning for me now. Her eyes were all sparkles in that place. I thought we got out doing relatively little damage, until I realized how long that lollipop was going to last. She licked on it for 30 minutes after lunch and at least 30 more after getting up from her nap and she hardly put a dent in it. There was only one dime sized area with white showing through at that point. There was pink and red sticky encircling her mouth, on her nap blankie, on her pjs- top and bottom, and somehow Ava ended up with it on her face and shirt as well. I did make the mistake of calling it a sucker--"It's not a sucker. It's a LOLLIPOP!" (Excuse me.) We definitely had an extra long teeth brushing that night.-----Lauren
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
The Lollipop
Cate's favorite treat on vacation by far was the large pink and red lollipop she got at the candy store in Sandestin. The old saying, "Like a kid in a candy store" has a whole new meaning for me now. Her eyes were all sparkles in that place. I thought we got out doing relatively little damage, until I realized how long that lollipop was going to last. She licked on it for 30 minutes after lunch and at least 30 more after getting up from her nap and she hardly put a dent in it. There was only one dime sized area with white showing through at that point. There was pink and red sticky encircling her mouth, on her nap blankie, on her pjs- top and bottom, and somehow Ava ended up with it on her face and shirt as well. I did make the mistake of calling it a sucker--"It's not a sucker. It's a LOLLIPOP!" (Excuse me.) We definitely had an extra long teeth brushing that night.-----Lauren
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment