Taking a 5 year old and a 3 year to the grocery store is always a treat and for some reason lately I've been tackling it on Monday afternoons. This is Cate's ballet day. The day neither one of them get a nap. The day I usually go into work early, so apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. Anyway, Ava has started requesting particular foods. This week we got "Buzz" Cheerios for Daddy. And then she wanted caterpillar bread. I had no clue what she wanted. For that matter, I didn't even know if she was talking about bread. She quickly became frustrated with my ignorance and then moved on to thinking I knew what it was, but I was not going to get her any. To put it mildly, she was irri-tated. But then, as we made our way down the last aisle, as we passed the yogurt and headed toward the eggs, there it was- caterpillar bread.
Caterpillar Bread

"Buzz" Cheerios

And this is what I saw when I sat down on the other end of the couch that Monday night.

"I just liked it, " was Ava's explanation. You just never know around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment