Thursday, May 20, 2010
Disappointment.
"BAAAAYYY BARBIE WORLD, THACK THE HURL TO ROCK OUT THE SHOW.
BAAAYYY BARBIE WORLD, YOU KNOW IT'S GOT TO BE THE BACK OF BARBIE WORLD!"
This collection of words and sounds has been sung in the car and around the house for the last 2 or 3 months, pretty incessantly by our 4 year old. She's sung it so much that Lauren and I have started singing it to, even though we'd never heard it. The original artist? Hannah Ontannah. This is apparently played at the babysitter's house (not sure how I feel about that).
What's been amusing about it is that when Cate sings it, she always adds a little edge to her voice. She doesn't sing it in the Wee-Sing tones of Baa Baa Black Sheep (Bla Bla Blassee in Avaspeak). Instead, she adds a little rasp and sass. We call it her rock star voice.
I've tried to find the real song via google and youtube for several weeks now. No luck. I was under the impression that the key phrase was "Barbie World" and so the only thing that I would come up with was this (by the way, what's the deal with that song? Awful).
But finally tonight, it came up again. I began to sing it. She corrected me this time. No, Daddy, it's "Best of All Worlds." I told her that I was certain that it was Bay Barbie World, but she insisted I was wrong. So a quick search later and............
I had really grown to like Bay Barbie World. It was cute and funny when she sang it. But now after I watch this video, I see the future. I showed it to Cate and her eyes lit up with recognition. "This is my song!" She sang along with it and was very into it. "Daddy, I want to go see Hannah Ontannah. We can go to her house. "
I felt like my hurl had just been thacked. I thought we had a few more years before we had to deal with this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment