Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ava for Sale

Let me start off with a couple disclosures.

#1: I am NOT pregnant.

#2: If we weren't a little leery of saying it in our house, I'd also add, we have no intentions of having another baby in the near future.

Our old house had very little storage space. Actually, we thought it was huge until Ava was born and either the extra stuff or her personality shrunk the house. So, once we got through with all of the baby gear (swing, bouncy seat, exersaucer, high chair--you get the picture) we stored most of it at Sue Ellen's house. Now that we have lots of extra storage, we're slowing moving it back in with us. Cate has apparently forgotten about most of it. She was playing in a baby chair and asked "Is this mine or Ava's?" ( To her everything is hers or Ava's and actually she thinks most of it is just hers.)

I replied, "We're going to put it up for now. It will be the next baby's" (a statement that makes Joe twitchy). That seemed to satisfy Cate and nothing more was said about it.

Until tonight. Mama was bathing both of the girls and I was unpacking boxes (STILL!) and catching snippets of their conversation. Well, Cate had it all figured out.

We are going to get rid of Ava when the new baby comes. Out with the old, in with a new, better sister.

And as Ava sat there obliviously playing in the bathtub, I had a lot of explaining to do to Cate and Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment