I have had a fascination with the Appalachian Trail since college. Em and I started a folder, Joe and I did a few miles on our honeymoon in New York. So, as we were leaving Babyland General Hospital and were looking for a short hike and Joe found Amicolola Falls on the map, we decided to go for it. It is an 8 mile trek from the visitor's center to Springer Mountain, the beginning or end of the AT, depending on where you start. We didn't hike anywhere near 8 miles, but 3 falls and 2 fits later, the Babb family made it to the top of the falls and down. It's going to be awhile before we tackle much more at a time.

Entrance


Ava spent much of the hike here...

The Falls, so pretty.

And then we got to the stairs.


And more stairs.

Cate loved the hike and the stairs.




Ava spent most of the rest of the hike here.

The happiest Ava was on this leg of our journey. The girl loves a good swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment