Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Comment from Ava

I know we post a lot of sweet or funny moments we have with the girls. I assure you they aren't always angelic and we have plenty of fussing, tattling, and deliberate disobedience. Cate has become quite a sass, often with hands on her hips, eye rolling, and outright, "NO! I'm not going to do that." Ava can be a whiner and tattler. The other day she came running up to me in the kitchen, "Molly's not share-wing!" That would be Molly ---the Cat. But it's the sweet times we don't want to forget.

Tax season is not our favorite time of year. The girls and I don't see a lot of Joe. Don't get me wrong, we're all glad he's busy, we just miss him being at home. Cate is a Daddy's Girl. She has been since she was just a little over a year old. Without fail, she asks me every evening, "Is Daddy going to be home late tonight?" and "Is Easter almost here?" (because she's looking forward to the Easter Bunny and she knows tax season is over soon after). Ava is a total and complete Mama's Girl though. There are days she doesn't want Joe to so much as look in her general direction. So, Joe and I both were surprised tonight when we were eating supper and out of the blue Ava looked over at Joe and said, "I'm pwwoud your home today Daddy."

It was good to all spend time together today.

No comments:

Post a Comment