Words are inadequate to describe the occurrence at our house several nights ago. I can hear Catherine right now, "Well then you shouldn't try." I probably shouldn't try, but it was so funny that days later I still laugh out loud when I think about it. So, I'm going to blog about it, not so much for all of you, but so Joe, Cate, and I will have documentation of years down the road.
Joe and I were getting the girls bathed, dressed, and ready for bed in our bathroom as usual. Their bath water was still standing in the tub. Molly Kitty has a water bowl that I fill daily, but she chooses to drink out of the toilets and the tub and clean her paws in her dish instead. Well, apparently she thought she was going to hop down into the tub and lick the droplets from a drained tub, but she hit about 4 inches of water instead. Her wet paws and the depth of the garden tub would not permit her to jump out. It was all in slow motion and neither Joe nor myself could move. She looked like a cheetah in a stretched out sprint and every time she would leap, water would spray all over the bathroom. This went on for at least 30 seconds and Joe, Cate, and I were doubled over in tears. I don't know what was louder, her "Mrrrows" or our cackling. Ava stood in the bathroom door repeating, "Kees in tu-ub. Kees in tu-ub" as though she was tattling on her, which made us howl even louder. A shamed Molly Kitty finally drug herself out of the tub and Joe did dry her off with a warm towel. She slept like a baby the rest of the night from shear exhaustion.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment