We have had some beautiful weather lately- a nice change from the gray, overcast, windy, "brr rabbit cold" (as Ava puts it) days. Thursday was one of those days and all day long I planned to run when Joe got home.
At 7:30 pm I was standing by the door with my shoes on, I-pod ready, and watch set. I opened the back door and smelled a faint whiff of skunk, but they've come up to the house before and apparently they just leave stink wherever they go. With a burst of energy, I headed down the hill, motivated and ready for a great run.
There are several street lights on our road, but for the most part, it's pretty dark and there are a few areas that are overgrown near the road. So, I take a left out of our driveway, run about 1/10 of a mile and then loop back past our house and go halfway around the circle. This makes a mile and I stay out of the really dark areas and away from the dog that bites. Exactly 2 minutes, 24 seconds into my run the skunk came out from the ditch near our house and loped across the road, not 5 feet in front of me. Not quite 10 seconds later I was back in the kitchen. I was out of breath from sheer terror and don't know that I'll be back out after dark again.
So, instead of exercising, I sat down on the couch with a bag of pink and white iced animal cookies with sprinkles and a Diet Coke and did not move for the next hour.
Sue Ellen did send those cookies for the girls (I saved them plenty Mama Sue), but I swear the devil sent that skunk.
I may never get in shape!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment