Saturday, April 9, 2011

On A Roll Lately

Cate has really had them coming lately.

Day 1: "Mama, you have GOT to help me think of somebody to marry."

Day 2: "Mama, I am I teenager yet?" (No, thank goodness!)

Day 3: On our way home from school:
"Mama, you CANNNOT mow today because the bunnies won't have tall grass for their houses. AND they might get ALL mowed up."
Well, first of all, I don't mow. I've never mowed a single blade of grass in my whole life. When your eyes puff up and your head pours like mine does when someone is mowing outside, you stay in the house. You do not mow. And secondly, we don't have rabbits.
As we came over the top of our hill I thought Cate was going to come out of the car. The neighbors' lawn service was at work in their yard. Three menacing men looming over the yard with their weed-eaters, mowers, and blowers. She was in a near panic.
"Mama! What about their rabbits?" (They don't have rabbits either.)
"Are they gonna come over and do our yard?" (We could only be so lucky.)

Day 4, probably my favorite:
"Mama, I am going to be a real live mermaid when I grow up." In a condescending tone, "Ava is just going to be a doctor."

No comments:

Post a Comment