Cate and Ava have been playing well together. Recently, I overheard them calling each other by different names, "Jetta" and "Carra" (pronounced car - uh). They run back and forth all over the downstairs pretending one thing and then another. Joe and I observe from a distance most of the time. It is just so nice for them to entertain themselves. Last night as I was tucking Cate in bed I asked her who was Jetta and who was Carra.
(C) :"I'm Jetta and Ava is Carra. Those are our cool names."
(Me): "Cool names, huh. That's interesting."
(C): "I have a cool name for you too, Mama."
(Me): "Oh really. What is it?"
(C): "Your cool name is Twirla." (pronounced twirl-uh)
(Me): "Hmm. I like that."
(C): "Daddy has a cool name too."
(Me): "What is Daddy's cool name?"
(C): "Franklin."
I could not wait to tell Joe his cool name. I rushed through the 4 hugs and 7 kisses and putting all of her blankets on top of her in order of how pretty she thinks they are and left to find Joe in the living room. I hadn't gotten Franklin out of my mouth good and he was standing at her door.
(J): "Cate! WHY is my cool name Franklin? I do not like that name."
(C): "Daddy, I like that name."
(J): "Franklin is not a good name. I don't want to be Franklin."
Several seconds went by. Cate was in deep thought.
(C): "Well, okay then Daddy. I guess you can be Rainbow."
If you ask me, he should've left well enough alone.
(C) :"I'm Jetta and Ava is Carra. Those are our cool names."
(Me): "Cool names, huh. That's interesting."
(C): "I have a cool name for you too, Mama."
(Me): "Oh really. What is it?"
(C): "Your cool name is Twirla." (pronounced twirl-uh)
(Me): "Hmm. I like that."
(C): "Daddy has a cool name too."
(Me): "What is Daddy's cool name?"
(C): "Franklin."
I could not wait to tell Joe his cool name. I rushed through the 4 hugs and 7 kisses and putting all of her blankets on top of her in order of how pretty she thinks they are and left to find Joe in the living room. I hadn't gotten Franklin out of my mouth good and he was standing at her door.
(J): "Cate! WHY is my cool name Franklin? I do not like that name."
(C): "Daddy, I like that name."
(J): "Franklin is not a good name. I don't want to be Franklin."
Several seconds went by. Cate was in deep thought.
(C): "Well, okay then Daddy. I guess you can be Rainbow."
If you ask me, he should've left well enough alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment