Monday, November 23, 2009

Avaspeak 1.0

Yes, there is an Avaspeak. She speaks, a lot. She speaks and is funny, and she speaks well. She has moved on from "Yes" to "Yeayah." Her vocabulary is rapidly expanding, and we are loving it.

The other night she and Cate got out of the bath tub at roughly the same time. The routine is to put lotion on both kids, and then pajamas. Since Ava wears a diaper and can be a loaded cannon, she generally goes first. Cate was cold (as usual), so I got Ava lotioned, diapered, and put pants on her. I put her shirt on, but since it was a button down, I elected to leave that for later so I could get Cate dressed. Trying to button the shirt of a toddler can be a ten minute process. I began to work on Cate, but Ava was very dissatisfied. She came up to me in a whiny voice, shirt tails in hand, "Daaaadddyyyy, CLOSE MY GATE."

I buttoned her shirt. Cate had to wait.

1 comment: